LE-500 Production and research system
Electro spinning/ spraying (eStretching) is the most modern method for the production of nano and micro materials. In a multitude of applications this manufacturing technology proves its worth for complex materials, which have to comply with high requirements, like e.g. for tailor-made tissue scaffolds serving as carrier für stem cell settlement and growth.
With this process one can make fibers as well as particles at room temperature conditions with the same system. Beyond the simple structures very complex nano materials can be: very precise encapsulated structures are e.g. in ball-shaped particles liquids, fibers made out of different interconnected materials, core-shell structures or hollow nano particles. For certain applications one can build fibers with distinct space orientation, physical structures and folding.
The knowledge of formulations and process conditions and the highly optimized eStretching technology of BioInicia allow the sterile production under GMP conditions or the manufacturing beyond an inert gas atmosphere. In high throughput for the production in scale of tons very definite and controlled process conditions are provided. The climate control of the temperature and relative humidity are important environmental influences onto the production process and these can here be controlled in broad ranges (also below the dew point of 0°C). Harmful solvents are removed by filtration out of the exhaust air. A multitude of safety installations provide excellent security for the operator. These systems can be configured individually onto specific conditions: diverse collectors and spraying processes, which can be manual as well as fully automated, are available.
Medical products and tissue engineering:
- For scaffold implants of bone cells, vasculature, in wound healing and tissue regeneration and so on.
- As novel carrier materials for cell growth and tissue building, which provide stem cells a suitable three dimensional environment. The carrier can be produced individually and tailor-made.
- For encapsulated cells, which are ought to be isolated from the environment.
Pharmaceuticals, food and cosmetics:
- For very sensitive, oxygen-sensitive material like aroma and flavour substances, oils, ingrediences in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and so on.
- The multilayer production of food packaging, e.g. biohybrid cellulose foils or oxygen permeable foils.
- Encapsulation of microbes for increased food storage life or production.
- Pharmaceuticals, which are encapsulated to avoid an early metabolism.
- As a faster, energy saving alternative to freeze drying for smaller particles and with much shorter drying process times, e.g. for proteins (encapsulated or native).
- The coating of textiles with water resistant as well as vapour transmitting, dust and aerosol resistant properties.
- For the production of high-performance filters with a wide surface, high porosity and small pore sizes for a high filtration efficiency.
- For battery separators with high volume-to surface proportion, higher porosity and permeability.
The model LE-500 is used for applications of electro spinning/-spraying in pilot plant and for production-quality nanofibers and nanoparticles during pre-commercialization activities. Materials and processes developed on the LE-500 can be scaled up seamlessly to BioInicia’s full production equipment. Furthermore the LE-500 can also be configured as an universal R&D tool. The LE¬-500 is compatible with the climate control systems that ensure optimal and reproducible processing conditions.
Batch system for up to 4 L, several days constant processing or semi-continuous mode, emitter-collector electrical voltage drop: 60 kV, automated regulation of the distance from 0 to 300 mm, single phase emitter and multi-emitter spinning heads (max. 4), including syringe pump up to 140 ml, flat stainless-steel plate collector, monitoring of temperature and relative humidity inside the spinning chamber, active exhaust system with auto shut-down, data logging, LED-lightning, touch-screen.
GMP validation, climate control system for a well-defined relative humidity with or without temperature control for preconditioned air in the supply for the spinning chamber (including sterile filters), semi-continuous liquid feeing system, roll-to-roll semi continuous collecting system, Y-axis automated scanning emitter motion, alternative collectors, UV-C germicidal lamps, HEPA/LUPA filters for the inlet fan and/or the exhaust for sterile applications.