Large Volume Concentration (LVC) Kit
The LVC Kit allows rapid concentration of bacteria and viruses from liquid volumes up to 100 liters. The kit works much like InnovaPrep’s automated concentration instruments which use membrane filtration to concentrate and a patented wet foam elution technology to rapidly recover microorganisms into a small final volume (~50 -85 mL) for rapid analysis.
The LVC kit provides a fast and simple 1st stage concentration step prior to a 2nd stage step with the Concentrating Pipette. The InnovaPrep Concentrating Pipette will allow you to process the concentrate further to about 250 µL in minutes.
The LVC kit contains:
A high-flow filter cell, tubing and clamps, and an elution canister containing InnovaPrep’s Wet Foam (either Tween 20 PBS or Tween 20 Tris).
- Concentration of bacteria, cells, spores and viruses
- Reduction of an initial volume of up to 100 liters to a final volume of 50 to 85 mL
- Enables better post-concentration analysis by passing the Detection Limits (LOD)
- Concentrate flow up to 200 mL / min
- Simple and intuitive operation
- Possible combination with Concentrating Pipette